Sunday, December 23, 2007

Overachievers

Compared to our peers, we're definitely overachievers.

I realized this last weekend. For my temple, I coordinate the running half of a Sunday morning walk/run. We meet up at the Santa Monica Pier at 10 am and walk or run for close to an hour. When I arrived, people were talking about how hard it is to wake up on a Sunday morning to be somewhere at 10 am.

Well, I had already been up for a couple hours and had gone for an hour long bike ride before heading out to the run. But I kept this to myself so that I didn't intimidate anyone.

I'm sure you folks have found yourselves in similar situations.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's true :-) I've definitely seen some dropped jaws and furrowed brows when I've parked my bike in the garage and taken off down the road running. My neighbors think I'm a little nuts! Though many of the same people who think 10 am is too early for a run think I'm totally lame and boring when I leave a party at 9 pm because I'm planning on getting up for a 6 am swim workout!

That's so cool that you're coordinating a group run, by the way! And on the Santa Monica pier? I'm so jealous!