I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice: I managed to pull my hamstring last week and it is a steady, dull, ache. The pull feels deep in the muscle, close to the bone. I've been icing, taking anti-inflammatories, and stretching as best as I can.
Has anyone had any experience with this type of injury before? Any suggestions and advice? Thanks!
If any of you are like me, I'm always looking for a healthier dessert alternative for the holiday. My house will be loaded with family and the thought of loading them up with refined sugar is really unappealing. This is a recipe created as a healthier alternative, and is so beautiful when plated in a martini glass or goblet. Peaches are in short supply in the winter, you can opt for a pear which will turn out just as delicious.
4 firm white peaches
1 1/2 cups sugar (you can opt out of the sugar or use 1/2 the amount depending on preference)
1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
3 Tbsp. berry jam
Vegan whipped cream for garnish (optional)
· Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the peaches and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and peel. Cut in half and remove the stone.
· In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the wine. Bring to a boil.
· Add the peaches and simmer for 30 minutes.
· Remove the peaches and continue to reduce the wine syrup until 1 cup is left. Add the berry jam and simmer for 5 minutes. Return the peaches to the syrup and refrigerate overnight.
· Serve the peaches with some of the wine syrup and a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Makes 4 servings