Saturday, August 14, 2010

a vegan cyclist's foray into IMOVIE

Although I maintain a cycling blog and a vegan blog, I haven't been blogging much for a while, and haven't contributed to this blog for ages. Apart from my wife and I now having a six month old (vegan) baby, I think the other reasons I'm not blogging are that a) I might have said all I have to say (how many times can you actually point out how silly it is to eat red meat?) b) I'm probably a good example of this goodbye-blogging trend, as discussed recently in Newsweek.
One quote from the article reads as follows "Blogging has withered as a pastime, with the number of 18 to 24 year olds who identify themselves as active bloggers dropping by half between 2006 and 2009".

Instead of blogging, the new hobby might be playing with camcorders and IMOVIE on the mac laptop I now have access to through work. I've had some fun recently recording my bike rides through the local countryside, and piecing a video together in IMOVIE.

One example is here (and the embedded video below is cut off, so if you're interested, use the YouTube link and watch the video there):



Another one is here.

So that's my fun these days - hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: